Friday, March 11, 2011

Bouncey Bouncey

I ran out of things to accomplish while bouncing Miss Mya, who seems to be nodding off so freedom might just be in my future so I thought I would share my exciting morning. Please nap dear, the people really don't want to hear about taxes.  I just talked to someone at the MO Department of Labor, and get this...he was very helpful! I am trying to finish my taxes this year and the whole nanny tax issue adds some extra excitement. I understand why 90% of people that hire nannies just ignore the tax altogether and most of the remaining 10% pay enormous rates to have someone else handle it, because well it is a pain. But, I am an upstanding citizen and I made it my mission to tackle this little maze of paperwork. I never heard from the DOL about unemployment tax and that is the final piece I need before I can cash in the winnings provided by my tiny little tax deductions. So I just called one of the 25 names they have listed on the website and was routed to the proper person. He saw that I had registered online back in September and was really surprised and impressed that I did it correctly and congratulated me on my accomplishment. Umm, perhaps if it tends to be a problem you should simplify the process a bit? Just a thought. I think I owe a grand total of less than $200. That hardly seems worth all the fuss, but go ahead and send me the forms I guess.

And we have sleep just in time for therapy #2 of the day. That's all for now.

No comments: