The car seats are on order. Well, 2 of them. I want to wait on ordering Mya's until I can show her therapists what we got and see what they think about how it will work long-term for her. Plus, it is so much easier to have her in the infant carrier if we go anywhere where we wont be using the stroller and she has a ways to go before she outgrows hers. E&C, on the other hand, are very ready to move on as I feel guilty every time I squish them in the little seats with their feet hanging off the end.
I didn't realize there is so much to consider when shopping for the things. There is this cult of car seat worshipers (that in reality I am grateful for as I learned a lot of good information from the forums) who can tell you length in inches that a child will outgrow every car seat imaginable and what is best for rear facing, forward facing, small car, big car, roadtrip, Sunday drive... It is great to have something you are passionate about and I guess there are worse things to obsess over than child car safety but wow. One of the last posts I read was something like "I can't wait for the new XTL65 to come out, I've got mine on pre-order! It looks even better than the XYZ80 that my 10 year old is currently using (rear facing of course!!) and the XYZ65 that my DD (4 yr 3.5 month old, 37.4 lbs, 41.5 inches tall) uses as a backup to the 2 XX50s we got last year and love!! Ok I exaggerate a little...but surprisingly not much. How many cars do these people own? I thought you just picked a seat and kept it until it is outgrown? Maybe I have a lot to learn, or maybe I just won't be invited to join the cult. And if you are a member I am totally meaning no offense....you never really know who is reading this stuff...
So anyway, as I am sure you are on the edge of your seat waiting to learn about our decision, we went with the Safety 1st Complete Air 65. Rear faces to 40 lbs, forward to 65lbs. I was tempted by the Evenflo Momentum65 and the Radian65, but the Evenflo is a full 4 inches wider than the other 2 and the Radian does not have the side impact wings and costs a bit more. The Safety 1st is the same width as the Radian so, when we need the extra seats, we can still do 3 across either row, which is the big draw for the Radian in the triplet+ crowd. When we don't need the extra seating we will be able to sit between the 2 in the back to buckle them in. Plus, (and most importantly) they look cool and were on sale. Sold. Totally kidding about that last part...
Almost as exciting is that in a number of years (I have no idea how many...ask the cult) they will be ready for boosters and I get to do this all over again.
1 comment:
i admit i didn't feel guilty about the infant seat squish until you mentioned it, so thanks :) with that said, truly thanks for looking into the new latest and greatest- it is about time for us to get a new one
Post a Comment