Friday, January 27, 2012

Practicing patience (and a little vocab) amongst 22 month old maniacs

Yesterday the blender sent the crazies into mass hysteria. I hadn't turned it on yet, just pulled it out from under the counter. I wanted to make us a smoothie. I did not get to make us a smoothie. Ella is clinging to me with all fingers and toes then hysterically pointing at the thing gasping 'bye bye, away'. That is a three word sentence. Well done Ella. Clayton is clawing at my leg saying 'up up up'. Probably we are a little dramatic. Mya's pump is beeping (uh-oh) that its done and I look over to discover air all the way down the tubing, which means she has been eating air for some undetermined amount of time. That would be a pump - and mommy- fail. So I manage the blender 'away', fix some meatballs (which means equal parts meatball and ketchup) and vent the bloated child all while holding an average of 1.5 tearful toddlers. DADDY where ARE YOU! That was me calling, not them. We aren't ready for 4 word sentences just yet. Holy moly. I hear the crying deal gets better at around 4 and a half. Pray for our souls.

Some of our favorite words at 22 months:
car
bye bye
pwweeeease
momma
dadda
more 

Some of my favorites: 
capatiller (you can probably translate)
Mymy (for Mya
Mamas home 
ees (for yes)

Who taught you that?:
When a minivan drives by: momma
When a sports car drives by: dadda
When Clayton is bored with your presence: Bye Bye
When you are in Ella's way: beep beep

No comments: