After therapy we were going to try out a playgroup. When daddy got home we were going shopping for Clayton's new shoes. Not to go as planned. We made it all the way through the fill-up at QT before I noticed the snot dripping from Clayton's nose. What! It's
June July (when did that happen?)! So much for 24 hours of symptom free-ness, a pre-req for this particular playgroup. But it is 104 outside and we were all packed up with no place to go, so onward. To the mall. It is already full of germs so people should just plan for that. Don't touch anything. Let me first say that you cannot put a little wheelchair man on an entrance door if it weighs 400 pounds and has no sort of opening assistance. Or apparently you can. I don't even think it was any wider than the 3 doors next to it. But we bumped our way inside, my two little people hanging on to the stroller and my stroller occupant. I clipped Clayton's heel with the tip of the stroller in the process (start downhill spiral for the day). You would have thought I drew blood. Clayton, I am not carrying you through the mall. Or maybe I am. Clayton asked to return to the car, Ella requested a walk around Dillard's. The AC had me siding with Ella. So our walk around Dillard's was quite brief as my son was offering zero assistance in being held, my arm can only hold his 25 pound self for so long and Ella pushing the stroller is a potential catastrophe. A nice couple helped us out the door suggesting I grow myself a few more hands. If only.
Arriving home it was confirmed that Clayton is indeed getting sick. And Clayton sick is like adding a fourth and fifth needy toddler to the mix. One of them requires to be held at all times, one of them refuses the juice he is screaming for and the original wanting whatever toy his sister decides to play with. For lunch I landed on peanut butter crackers and watermelon. What could go wrong? Well for one the peanut butter was the crunchy variety. Clayton managed to lodge a chunk of the crunch in his teeth and sobbed his way into the kitchen. How did you get hurt on that I am wondering when I locate the problem. Crises averted he returned to eat his watermelon. And found the only seed in the whole flipping seedless thing. The seed apparently ruined the fruit for him entirely. So here is the problem with a sick child wanting to be held in a house with other kids: sometimes that is impossible. I explained this (right) to the tears: okay buddy after I get you changed I am going to hold you okay, but first I have to throw this diaper away and wash my hands, and Mya needs me to stop her food from beeping and Ella just finished her lunch and is covered with watermelon juice and crunchy peanut butter so I need to wipe her hands, oh and you both need juice, and a rag for your nose, and mommy really really needs to pee. But right after that, I am all yours. Hopefully, so hold on a bit (right).
I think people imagine you have a lifetime's worth of todays when they hear 'triplets'.
No comments:
Post a Comment