Mya didn't make much progress today. Her lungs are looking a little worse than yesterday and so they stopped making changes to the ventilator. She just wasn't ready to let go of that support. She has been sedated and sleeping most of the day, when she does come out of it she is very agitated and I think I saw some seizures returning again. She doesn't tend to seize while she is sick, so whether that is a good thing is in the air. We did increase her feeds and hope to be up to a more normal feeding schedule by tomorrow. I brought in a blender and so prepping her food went a little more smoothly today. Cottage cheese, oatmeal, peanut butter, green beans & pear sauce if you are hungry.
The support and prayers we are receiving has been such a blessing. I have people driving my kids across town and picking them up at preschool and buying and wrapping birthday presents I nearly forgot I still needed and dropping food in coolers on the front porch of my empty house. Sometimes we live a typical day just barely within control and so trying to be in this place and carry on at home when Mya is so sick has been emotionally draining. We appreciate everyone who is helping us get through this and the offers we haven't been able to accept yet.
3 comments:
(((Hugs))) Alicia. I wish we lived closer and could help out in a hands on way. We're keeping you all in our thoughts and prayers.
I don't even know you and wish i lived closer to help out :(
You are all in my thoughts & prayers!!
thank you ladies!
Post a Comment