Thursday, March 24, 2011

Happy Apples

I never thought I would be so excited to hear that Clayton ate apples. Until a few weeks ago he was the king of apples. Does that have apples in it mom? Nope? Ok how about if I empty my belly for you. Really its like he can smell that the first bite doesn't contain anything sweet and is gagging himself sick before the spoon even reaches his tongue. But after a week of diaper rash and upset tummies and nothing but formula and the occasional Cheerio (yes I caved but sick babies get to break the rules) today he reportedly ate apples and kale for his daddy. Sounds yummy right? Hooray for nutrition! Ella is still not so impressed with the spoon, but I did get her to take a few bites of blueberries last night, so I will call that progress. Mya you might be giving up your spot on the best eater throne very soon. Well as soon as mommy has a chance to go shopping because I think we are out of apples. Until them reign on missy.

Speaking of my best eater: Mya ate so well for OT this week. She took a whole cube of cereal topped with a helping of apples and then half her bottle. I have been having trouble getting her to eat solids without coughing and gagging on the second bite and I always have to deposit it to the side of her mouth. But for the first time ever she started taking it off of the spoon for Margaret. She also took a few bites without being cued, which means that she saw the spoon coming to her mouth. We tried a few of the Cheeto-style puffs and Mya quickly expressed her displeasure to the new texture and gave Margaret a run for her money. She was chewing while voicing her opinion though, so that was very promising.

1 comment:

Jo said...

this is so funny- who'd have ever thought we'd be so excited that another human ate their dinner :) and great job mya!