Friday, May 27, 2011

Mr. Man

Clayton likes to pick a toy and then carry it around for most of the day. His favorites lately: blue alphabet blocks and the orange fisher-price piece of mail. Today's object of choice: Mya's pajamas pants. The problem with pajama pants is that if you are crawling while holding them in your fist you are going to catch them with your knee. every. other. step (crawl..whatever). So Clayton spent the morning crawling, getting stuck and crying about it. I was amused. I took photos.

Here are the pajama pants and the silly town:
 and the pajama pants and the race car
I have more, but you get the idea.

I spent a great deal of time with my little man today. We seem to have caught some sort of cold bug. We being everyone in this house but myself. I am sure I will soon follow suit. Isn't it May? Late May? I was so looking forward to a long weekend, seeing friends, maybe getting out of the house occasionally. Perhaps not in the cards unless this is a short-lived funk.

On the toughness scale, Clayton is a bit of a wimp. So while the ladies were sucking it up and taking their normal 3 to 4 hours of naps today, Clayton clocked a whopping 40 minutes. He really is a cuddler and when he is feeling rotten doesn't want to be set down for even a second. So we did laundry and dishes and made some food for mom as a team. Then we laid on the floor and practiced our sharing for a good hour. I taught them the other day to put things in my hand when I ask and that seems to have stuck. By about the 20th 'thank you' to the puzzle piggie being forced into my palm I was wishing we hadn't quite mastered that skill. Even if I was nearing the end of my rope and did send a rare pleading text to my husband as the crying resumed ladies awoke 'please say you are coming straight home...soon' I appreciated the hour of one on one. There aren't nearly enough of them.

2 comments:

Jo said...

So here in blogger world, we give awards :) I just found this out because I am pretty new at this too... Anyway I have passed on a Versatile Blogger Award to you!! You can come to my painfully neglected but somehow "award-winning" OTHER blog to claim it and see blogger world imposed rules for this sort of thing :) Congrats!

Alicia said...

I am so excited to collect my winnings, although I have no idea what you are talking about =) Here I come!