Thursday, June 23, 2011

me I want a hula hoop

I try to remind myself occasionally to stop and look. Sometimes we get caught up in the "it will be so much easier whens" and just trying to manage the sleep, eat, play, repeat that is our day. It is easy to overlook how awesome they are right now.

So I was trying to think what I would remember about June. Okay, so some of the memories from June aren't the fondest: we added two more vision diagnoses, we met some paramedics, we entered that stage where 2 naps is very nearly too many but one is not even close to enough, we got some molars, and some of us decided to try and survive on Goldfish alone. Maybe that last one is just about every month. But in June we also started to listen AND act. When we say...Clayton you get your little tushie off that table or, well you dropped it, you go and get it...they actually do. They sign for milk and more and the universal ehh?. Where did it go? Ehh?. When you ask if they need a nap they have been know to crawl to their room. Today Clayton took two independent steps to bridge the gap between me and the ottoman when he could have easily reached me without letting go, yesterday he mimicked me in the hula hoop. Ella could so easily take off any day but refuses to trust herself to walk. My cautious one spent 30 minutes learning to crawl in and out of the swing, landing on her head no fewer than 6 times and didn't give up until she got it. And sometimes when she really wants to poke her sister in the mouth or the eye she rubs her belly instead, just sometimes. In May, not a chance. Mya is laughing and vocalizing to movement and I just discovered that her new chair fits pretty perfectly into the swing downstairs, so now she gets to play too. June isn't even over and I am kinda excited about July.

And for the record it will be so much easier when they can: tell us what is wrong, get their own butts down the stairs and into the car, make their own...I don't know...lunch, and stop puking every time we leave the house. But when we get there I think I might miss June just a little bit.



No comments: