Monday, June 20, 2011

Ode to Teddy

Tonight Mya squealed with delight. To what? Well we aren't quite sure, but she was in a giddy mood. She laughed all the way through dinner (ours, not hers). At one point I laid down next to her on the floor and looked up at the ceiling to figure out what it was exactly she was finding so funny. Who knows. Then she downed 3.5 ounces of milk in about 20 minutes and went to bed without a peep. WITHOUT teddy! What is going on?

I have been known to curse teddy. The ocean sound setting (not the chirping jungle) is often the only thing that gets her back to sleep in the middle of the night. And when the batteries start to fail around 3 am and you don't even make it out of the room much less back to bed before it dies, you know it will be a long night. Damn you teddy. Well tonight he is face down on the counter with his parts scattered about and his batteries in the charger AND I have a sleeping child. I am not counting on my luck sticking around until morning, so I must remember to reassemble before we go to bed. Which is soon...and its still charging. Crap. Sleep now, or sleep later? I never would have guessed that my sanity would hinge on the battery life of a stuffed bear. But here we are.

Oh that reminds me, second best baby purchase ever, second to the deep freeze: battery charger and a supply of AA and AAA rechargeables.

No comments: