Thursday, October 20, 2011

next week, I promise

There are 2 kinds of people in this world: the snoozers, and the shoot out of bed at the first chirp'rs. I am a snoozer. Most of the time (lately) if I am the first alarm I don't snooze out of respect (I have too been getting up Bernie!). But on my 'this cannot be called a day off because these children are more work than work' days, snooze I will. Oddly enough, I also consider myself a morning person. There is something about being an hour into your day when the sun is just peaking out and the air is super crisp. I just prefer to wake up slowly when given the chance. So mostly, if given the chance, that means I don't get to see much of the world before the sun is up. Sorry early-morning loving self. What can you do? Oh right, just get up.

You know what else I love? That feeling you get about 3 miles into a good run, about half a mile after you thought your lungs were going to burst, about the time you feel like you could have another 5 miles in you. You know the last time I ran more than a mile? 2008. Why? Because before you get to that spot where 4 miles is easy after being lazy (or pregnant or the mother of triplets) for a few years, you have to be that guy. You know the one that looks like he is about to keel over and is barely keeping up with the walkers. The one you drive by and say, yeah he should just walk. I hate being that guy. I want to be at mile 3 and breathing easy. before the sun is up. because I had time to do all this. because I didn't snooze. You might call it lazy. I call it understanding what I like and prioritizing.

But on day 7 of my 7 days without a sitter week, I discovered why my back has been bothering me. These kids are getting heavy! The post-naptime scoop and repeat and repeat ----> culprit. So my goal for next week (I will too do it next week Bernie!): re-prioritize what I like.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

All the best this week--and in the subsequent weeks-- of re-prioritizing...hope your back is feeling better! ~ljk

Alicia said...

Thanks!. so far so good, I have done some sort of physical activity that was not required of me every day since Saturday.