In 2011: I changed roughly 3,833 diapers. If I only changed half of them. 1,095 had poop in them. I'm guessing half of those came in the week that will forever be remembered as 'the fire butts'. I joined a gym and went twice. Well, 3 times if you count the 5 minutes I worked out this week before Things 1 & 3 had their meltdowns. I heard my new name for the very first time from the sweetest voice there is, my first born. I held my daughter as she turned blue 3 times and helped her pull it together again. I learned about gastroenterology. I mastered the art of boo-boo kissing. I turned 30. I witnessed 2 crazy kids transition from army crawling to almost running. I started a blog to record the madness. I celebrated 3 first birthdays. I visited the ER twice. I came to terms with my dislike for dolls. I left the state three times. I sat helplessly through around 3,650 seizures. If I only saw half of them. All of them were damaging. I helped teach tiny people to say please, stand on their heads, find their noses and to kiss their sister daily. I danced like I was not yet 2, and was out-danced by those who are actually not yet 2. I rediscovered Sesame Street. I threw away enough food to feed 3 families. I watched babies turn into toddlers. I made more new friends than I have since my first year in college. I witnessed a first laugh and the return of a smile. I ran for sight. Well, walked really. I drank out of a sippy cup. I learned there really is no limit to the number of times you can ask the question 'can we share' when you really know the answer is 'not quite yet'. I read a bazillion books but most of them had pictures. I talked to one 911 dispatcher. I went trick-or-treating. I celebrated 6 years of marriage. I laughed more than I have in a very long time and far more often than I cried. I call it a win. Except for the seizures part. Get outta here.
Happy New Year!
2 comments:
I hope that you have a wonderful new year and that this is the year of Goodbye to Seizures. I hope the diet works! Love reading about all three of your Treasures.
A friend in Nova Scotia
Thank you! I have never had a friend in Nova Scotia!
Post a Comment