Sunday, February 26, 2012

My maniacs are 23 months old

These last few weeks I have seen our world opening up. Last Friday Bernie was late for Mya's doctor appointment. Well not late, he was stuck behind the elderly in the parking garage crawl. They were following the speed limit sign to the made up decimal place. But we made it across the hospital, me and my three toddlers with the stroller built for 2. Clayton walked with a death grip on my pinkie and a giant grin on his face. Look at me mom, I am walking. This weekend we went out to dinner as a family of 5. And survived. The image of my husband walking to the car and holding hands with his 2 little toddling toddlers was too priceless for me to soon forget. The look of pride on Ella's face said, I am doing this. I am walking like a big girl. When we got to the car we hit the sliding door opener and we said Ok, Clayton get in and get up into your seat. And he did. They are so big! We can go places. That is a crazy concept. You parents who did this thing in pieces instead of one big lump, you have been going places all along. I envy you. But we are finally there. I cannot wait to go places without planning to get in the door, or bringing extra hands or coordinating which stroller will fit. I wonder what places we'll go.

In 1 week's time they will be 2. I was trying to think what I would want to remember from this month. This was the month of over scheduling and the month of the bouncing keto reading (still not fully in ketosis by the way). This was also the month that we added 'cruck' to the vehicle vocabulary. Before now anything with 4 wheels was a car. Car. No, Clayton those are roller skates. Car. And that is a wagon.  Cruck. Truck? Close enough. This was the month we took down the gates and they proved to us they can handle the freedom. For now. Ella and Clayton learned to walk (most of the way) up the stairs. Mya spent more time alert than she has in a while and also discovered that she prefers to be held when falling asleep. Awesome. Ella learned to tickle. Mya has fallen in love with Clifford (the big red dog..) Clayton is fully attached to the tag on his 'night night'. You must find it for him before he is tucked in. In all they are pretty freaking adorable. If I may say so. Potential terrors. But mostly adorable.

No comments: