Sunday, February 24, 2013

My maniacs are going to be three

There is a lot of comedy in this house these days. Or maybe it is more chaos you just have to laugh at for fear of screaming. Clayton does not like things to be wet. C: My placemat is wet! A: It just caught a drip bud, that's what they are for. C: My shirt is wet! A: It will dry. C: My thumb is wet! A: Well, take it out of your mouth. C: My face is wet! A: That is because you have been crying about being wet. Who knew there were so many ways to be wet. Baths? Those are fine. Obviously...?? They have taken to my shoes. One by one on Sunday as I worked on paying bills I watched my shoes parade through the kitchen and back out again until at least 30 minutes had passed and I realized: wow I have a lot of shoes. And I realized this because they were all collected in a laundry basket being carried across the living room by my almost 3-year-olds wearing size 9 women's flip-flops, black and brown.

There is also a lot of arguing. C: I want to be first. E: No! I want to be first. A: Here, Clayton you are the first boy, Ella you can be the first girl. All good? E/C: Yes! And singing. And arguing about singing. They like to take little phrases and sing them to random Barney tunes. It goes well for the first 3 versus until someone starts singing faster or slower than the other. C: Stop singing Eya! No! No singing Eya. E: lala C: No Eya! E: Be happy Tayton, you have to be happy! C: Mommy my face is all wet!

But mostly they are very sweet. Last week they reportedly held hands the entire time they were at school. They walk over just to tell you they love you 'vewy much' or to whisper they missed you that day and to ask you to play. They need all 4 babies and all 8 blankies and 2 books before they can be tucked in at night and they wake up singing jingle bells in the same bed, usually Ella's.

I am not really sure how we have survived to three, but here we are.

No comments: