Friday, August 30, 2013

my feet are getting too big for these baby steps

C: Mom, what is this red thing?
A: That is a candle.
C: Who gave it to you?
A: I don't know buddy, it is pretty old. I probably just bought it somewhere.
C: I think Mimi gave it to you.
A: Okay, that's possible.
C: Thank you Mimi... Mom, Mimi didn't say you're welcome.
A: Well Mimi is at work, so she didn't hear you.

I guess we are adding oxygen to the routine. Mya did another overnight oximetry study a few weeks back to see if her day sleeping could be connected to something going on at night. Her saturations were hovering around 88% for most of the night even while on bipap. The doctor wants to try her on a liter of oxygen at night through her bipap and see if that brings her up. They say that 88 really isn't all that bad, below where they set the alarms when you are inpatient, but not by far. But that was a good night, and we are already forcing air into her lungs. I asked for her also to get a continuous monitor for us to use at home. If the child needs to be on oxygen I feel like I should know where her saturations are on a more regular basis. We won't use it all the time and will set the alarm lower than 90, but I need to be able to check her, especially as we head into winter.

The state told us she wouldn't qualify for the medicaid waiver until she is older. All 3-year-olds require round the clock supervision. She really isn't all that different. Right. All 3-year-olds have a hospital room in their house. Thanks.

1 comment:

Heather said...

Hi Alicia! I was hoping you would be willing to answer a quick question I have about your blog! My name is Heather and my email is Lifesabanquet1(at)gmail.com :-)