The words 'I don't understand fussing" came out of my mouth about 37 times today before 8:30. But here is the truth: I totally understand fussing. I catch every whining word. Mostly I was taking deep breaths but I heard you tell me your spoon was wet, your chair was wet, and that you did not want THAT cup. You wanted another banana. He touched the Crispy box. You could see the bottom of your bowl and you wanted a bigger pile of cereal. I know that you changed your mind about wearing those pants. I realize you didn't want your sister to carry her chair into the living room. Chairs don't go in the living room, I get it. But buddy, it is her chair. Let it go. Let all of it go. I am begging you. And so I rounded them up with a 'we are leaving in 5 minutes and if you aren't wearing pants when that happens I do not care'. We left in 12 minutes but everyone was properly clothed.
Mya continues to be an impressive napper. She slept through her eye testing on Wednesday. It involved a strobe light five inches from her face and a nice lady holding her eyes open. So that was pretty sweet. I asked if the test still worked if she was out and she said it depended on what stage of sleep she was in. Her eyeballs were completely rolled up in her head for the first half so that wasn't too promising. I got a voicemail from the nurse today that I did not listen to yet, but I gathered from the Google translator that they were calling to reschedule. Either calling to reschedule or they want to take my dog for a walk in a marsh. But I don't have a dog here or a marsh nearby, so reschedule is more likely. I like wasted mornings at the hospital. The call to Neuro today ended with adding a new med (Zonegram if you are keeping track) and decreasing Depakote again. The plan earlier in the week was to keep her on Depakote on a reduced dosage and increase her Felbamate when she came off the sedation. The Onfi/Depakote/Felbamate combo she is on tends to be their most promising combination so we wanted to give it one last shot. But I wasn't too optimistic about going back up on Felbamate as that is the one that lead to her g-tube placement 2 years ago. That she is sensitive to sedation I guess is an understatement. We want you back kiddo. We really are trying.
No comments:
Post a Comment