We've gotten lots of smiles these last few days. This coming on the tail end of a little cold has been very encouraging. I kept Mya home from school on Monday because she still had some congestion and was needing a lot of suctioning in the morning. On Tuesday she seemed to wake up much more smoothly and so I decided to drive her to school to give us a little more time to get her going. I got the phone call from the nurse about 45 minutes later saying she was laboring to breathe.
So far she seems to be getting better and was able to get back to school yesterday. But even with the cold we have been pleased with her alertness. I feel like she is starting to anticipate steps in her day. At bed time on several occasions she has turned her head and looked directly at us when we were getting her mask set to put on, like 'oh no here it comes'. This also means she is fighting it more but the awareness is encouraging. She is more consistently reaching for toys on her back and moving her hand to locate her switches to keep music playing. She is also starting to express hunger with some lip smacking and responds when you start messing with her g-button. I just love that we are seeing her make these connections. It makes me wonder if the new diet is making a difference in her health and comfort.
The blended feedings are still going really well. She has tried so many food and is keeping everything down. She even got to eat a traditional Thanksgiving meal with the family, in perhaps a non-traditional way. I am looking forward to sharing Christmas dinners with her.
2 comments:
Wow, you can really see in this photo that she is connecting the dots!
You can! She is so awesome!
Post a Comment