...and 5 being the least convenient, how would you rate the fact that we always call you while you are trying to get kids to bed?
The survey people don't ask anymore, they just start in with the questions. Why I answered the phone I don't know. My phone said Nebraska was calling. Oooh Nebraska I thought. I don't know anyone from Nebraska. This should be fun. Usually when the phone rings between say 6:30 and 7:30 we ignore it. I mean if you know us, or you have heard of children you know not to call during the witching hour. So we are pretty sure if the phone is ringing it is the survey people, the Veterans or Representative so and so. Now I know Nebraska is not exciting. So a: don't tell me I have been randomly selected, you call every time we visit your hospital and I understand statistical significance. b: I don't really care about the cleanliness of your facilities - Excellent - I mean it was Audiology, how messy could it be? c: at least laugh when a child screams bloody murder into the receiver while I set off the music to the singing dolphin. Just so you know, you should probably skinny down your survey if you want me to vary my answers. You ask the same question 3 different ways on purpose I know, but I just say Excellent to everything, so we both lose.
Speaking of phone calls, I kept hearing from Neurology last week. Finally when he called Wednesday he goes, ok just so I don't have to call you again in 2 days you ONLY got bloodwork, x-rays, vision and hearing screenings right? Yep that's all. X-rays show hip sublexation. Basically because she isn't standing or crawling and has high tone her right hip is pulling out of the socket. So now we get to add an orthopedic surgeon to the line-up. I am up to my elbows in stander, seating and special needs stroller reviews. I really like the Squiggles stander that the OT sent me info on, but PT has access to a Giraffe stander that she thinks should fit. Don't those names make them sound so adorable? Not so much. Giant lunar-lander like contraptions. Not sure where this thing is going to live. We are supposed to have a rep come out with some equipment to try so we can get our ducks in a row and decide what our needs will be for the next 6 months or so, and then have a meeting with First Steps and get this stuff ordered.
In other news we are entering the world of elective surgeries. We knew this world was out there, but were hoping it wouldn't find us for a while longer. Eye doc is recommending eye surgery for Strabismus (crossed eyes). We had noticed that her eyes don't always move together, but didn't realize this problem was something that could be fixed. So we need to have some conversations with vision therapists and anesthesiologists to help us decide if this makes sense for Mya.
And most importantly, PT Patti walked in with a bright red feeding chair on Friday for us to borrow that is perfectly Mya sized and pretty much made my day. Hooray for postural support! My little people in their brand new seats...making phone calls apparently:
2 comments:
I'm sure they are just answering surveys while sitting in their chairs. Nothing to worry about.
I haven't told you yet, but I think your blog is wonderful, especially the post called "Our Travels." It was beautifully written and made me tear up a little.
The babies are beautiful. As always, keeping you guys in my thoughts and prayers.
Thank you Annie.
Post a Comment