Living in this community that Mya has introduced means that, far more often than I ever did before, I see and meet and hear of children and families who are dealing with a whole lot more than anyone should. I spend a lot of time online in various groups for parents of children with Mya's various illnesses, reading articles about the latest treatments and engaging in relationships with parents that are dealing with similar but often very different situations. Sometimes that makes the world feel like a very dangerous place to conceive or carry or raise a child. But mostly the support and perspectives are just enough to make this journey feel a little less daunting. One thing I have been struck by is how many different ways there are for families to handle what has been handed to them. I am pretty much humbled on a daily basis.
I thought I would occasionally share those stories that both humble and inspire. Today this blog came across one of my feeds and it fits both of those criteria. Avery has Spinal Muscular Atrophy, She is 5 month old and is not expected to make it to 18 months. Her parents have decided to take that time to share her story to build awareness for SMA and to build and tackle a bucket list for their very special little girl.
Here is the link: Avery's Bucket List
And if you want to follow it will live somewhere over there ----> for a little while
No comments:
Post a Comment