Tuesday, August 23, 2011

If they would just follow the instructions they were given

The success and failure of the day depends on how long they sleep. I am seeing how far I can push it. About 40 minutes ago I heard peeping and giggling in there and I thought I was done for. About 20 minutes ago I heard a single fuss. Now it is quiet. Mya ate 3 ounces, which is a modern day breakfast miracle. OT with be here with the nutritionist in 35 for our first post-evaluation meeting. I am praying the suggestions they have for me are more enlightening than, she needs to eat more, or how about you offer her smaller portions more often throughout the day. We are drowning and the feedings are about to take us under. We cannot feed her more often. That is when she sleeps. When they walk out the door the speech therapist will be walking in. I hope she is a miracle worker because these appointments back to back mean that she will be evaluating Ella and Clayton dangerously close to nap time. We have established that they know how to cry, they don't need to be evaluated for that. Hence the need for what appears to be the second miracle of the day. They are still sleeping. I might even have to wake them so they can eat before appointment # 1 begins. Up, spoke too soon. Let the games begin.
Had to re-post with photo op. Apparently only one of us was ready to get up

No comments: